Saturday, September 26, 2009

School daze

So.. I am trying to do school four days and work three days a week. This is become somewhat of a juggle. I have officially kissed a social life goodbye. Its been four years since I have been in college. One thing I can tell right away, I am definitely feeling my age. Sure, you may think 27 is young and it is. But compared to 18, 19 and 20. I am over the hill.
In my former college days I had more energy and stamina. Staying up late was not such a challenge. I could go without food for much longer and I fit in with the rest of the crowd easier.
This past 4 weeks have been a test of time management as well. Friday, Sat and Sunday I work at night in a restaurant serving rich clientele Manhattans and red wine. Wishing the whole time I could be in their place, driving home their Audi's, Mercedes or BMW's.
Ah, how refreshing to have a trust fund and not a care in the world. Needless to say I am quickly put back in my place as I return to work day in and day out.
Anyway, I am happy to be back to making art work on a regular basis. It is a little overwhelming sometimes but I feel confident that this is all a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a good thing Tubby and I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete