I remember when my mom would buy one volume at a time at the grocery store. I think it was each month they sold a different letter volume. This makes me laugh. I used them all of the time for pictures of animals or something to draw, or righting reports in middle school.
Anyway, back to copyright. I do think these "laws" should be changed in some way. I just can't say that I know how to change them.
Being that I am a photographer, and have been walking on egg shells in a sense when it comes to this copyright infringement, I understand where these laws are coming from. I would feel completely violated, and slightly flattered, if I saw one of my pictures being used and was not informed of it. I can't say that i wouldn't use some other picture that is out there on the web for my own artwork though.
I guess we all will have to find a middle ground.

No comments:
Post a Comment